Saturday 8 November 2014

Day 6: Final Day at Watroka Primary School

We all knew that we need to give our best lessons to our students today and we entered the classroom full of energy. The children were still as enthusiastic in learning as we have seen four days ago when we first arrived in the school.


                   
The last day of hard work before the completion of the classroom floor

Helping with the broken pipes

Flooring almost done

Simple happiness

The board to be placed at the new classroom of Watroka Primary School

Having fun with the children during the telematch


Learning through play: teaching the students teamwork during the telematch.

Another match of volleyball during rest time: finding satisfaction in the simplest activities

Presenting prizes for the top 5 students in every class to encourage the children to study hard 









We thanked the school principal, teachers and all the helpers around the village who came to build the classroom together before saying our goodbyes.

Group photo: teachers and students!

Saying farewell and walking the children home along the way

After dinner, we had a tour around the night market before doing some reflections for the trip.

Reflections: 

3D Zheng Wee

Over the past few days I learnt from the children that we should really be appreciative of everything we have. They lead a simple lifestyle yet they are so happy. Also it is their holidays but they came back to school for us to interact with them. They did not complain or show any attitude for coming back. I'm sure most of us back in punngol sec will complain if we are asked to come back during holidays. I feel that we can apply this back in school, we should stop complaining about everything. I'm sure if I ever do complain, I will think back of the times here in Cambodia.

3C Jen Ching

Today the students were still the same. It was a bit rowdy. I realised that when we are noisy back in school, the teachers cannot teach. The other class that we taught was really responsive and productive today. I thought it was really great.
When we are energetic, the students were also energetic. Time passes quickly and they learnt a lot.
I wonder if I can become a better student back in PSS, and respect all my teachers there and support them, just like how the kids here supported us.

3A Ram

I can see that the students are very grateful to us teaching them. They were attentive at all times and they were also very nice to us. I think I would never forget them. I wonder if I would be able to meet these students again in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment